JOB TITLE: AMBULANCE DRIVER
REPORTS TO: TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR
JOB LOCATION: NAIROBI
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Driving an ambulance to transport sick, injured, or convalescent persons;
- Assisting ambulance attendant to place patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance;
- Taking sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination;
- Administering first aid as required;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle/Ambulance;
- Manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible
- Making sure that company’s vehicles are correctly placed and secure
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Ensuring the ambulance is ready and is positioned at the designated place to receive patients
- Loading the patient in the ambulance, carefully driving to/from the hospital where the nurse or the doctor hands over/receives the patient.
- Ensuring that the trip is executed smoothly, thus no over-speeding, carefully driving to avoid sudden motions that are detrimental to patients
- Ensuring all equipment required for the trips/mission are loaded as per instructions.
- The immediate supervisor may assign performing other duties as from time to time
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess a valid driving license and three years driving experience;
- Have a First aid training from a recognized Institution
- Knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients;
- Full Knowledge of motorable routes within and outside Nairobi County;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution will be added Advantage;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work any shift as per the duty rota
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit your application & CV through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application letter in HR office indicating the position you are applying on or before 26th May 2021.
Job disclaimer and notification
Coptic Hospital does not charge/accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.