REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
JOB LACATION: SIAYA (Ugunja & Alego)
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine HTS operations, patient linkages/referral systems
- Institutionalize continuous quality improvement systems for HTS
- Lead in designing, implementation and technical oversight of GBV prevention, mitigation and response mechanisms
- Work with the church, community and other stakeholders to create awareness on Gender Based Violence among women, Children and adolescent girls and young women.
- Provide overall coordination and support of the planning, design and implementation of DREAMS an evidence-based HIV-prevention program targeting adolescent Girls and young women
- Provide leadership in the adaptation and training of appropriate HIV prevention interventions including SHUGA, HCBF, MHMC, RESPECT-K and FMP
- Facilitate proper community mobilization, community entry process to ensure program sustainability and ownership by the community members and stakeholders
- Provide technical assistance through trainings, mentorship and support to staff working on the HTS, GBV and DREAMS project interventions focusing on the package of evidence-based interventions including school-based HIV prevention programming, social asset building, social protection interventions including vocational training, education subsidy, entrepreneurship and Financial capability training and Biomedical interventions including gender-based violence, HIV Testing and Counselling, contraceptive method mix, condom promotion and provision and PrEP education and community mobilization and norms change interventions among others
- Capacity building, mentorship and support supervision of program staff, mentors and change agents for quality improvement and performance
- Establish working referral systems for men, discordant couples, adolescent girls and young women for HTS, care and treatment and other appropriate interventions
- Coordinate monthly progress planning and review meetings and tracking progress against annual targets
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of programs including working closely with the M & E team to set up program responsive monitoring and evaluation systems, tools, reporting structures and data analysis for programming as per the HTS, GBV and DREAMS guidance
- Generate technical programmatic reports including documentation of lessons learnt, best practices, challenges and opportunities for programming
- Supervision and mentorship of the program staff in implementing targeted HIV prevention programs, packaging of interventions and development of training and IEC materials for interventions.
- Offer guidance and mentorship to all staff fostering a team environment that breeds success, including leading and ensuring quality throughout recruitment, on boarding, structuring, performance monitoring and day-to-day management
- Promote organizational activities at the local, regional and national level, ensuring that key actors, both internal and external, are aware of programmatic and operational successes
- Facilitate linkages across different HIV programs and services at health facility, consortium partners and community levels; HIV Testing and counselling and Care Treatment and strengthening of health facility-community referral and linkages.
- Identification of access barriers (structural, HR attitude or skills) and addressing them in a timely manner with communities, gate keepers and appropriate government organs
- Lead in capacity building and systems strengthening activities in HTS, GBV and DREAMS activities, HIV prevention interventions, care and treatment for MOH and other implementing partners
- Participate in identification of gaps leading to proposal development for continuing application and expansion of the project activities
- Serve as the budget holder for the program elements ensuring all expenditures are compliant, budget revisions are completed accurately when required
- Coordination and supervision of evaluations on the efficacy of behavioural, biomedical and structural interventions and programs.
- Represent the organization in various forums including stakeholder forums, technical working groups and other national programmatic forums
- Coordinate ownership and sustainability of programs within the government main stream functions
- Documentation of lessons learnt, best practices, challenges and opportunities for programming
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of or experience in program management and support procedures with a focus on PEPFAR’s DREAMS package of interventions.
- Familiarity in developing concepts, writing donor reports, developing informative power point presentations and proposal writing
- Commitment to understanding and responding to the most urgent needs and rights of vulnerable youth and HIV/AIDS positive children and their families.
- Ability to implement multidimensional projects with a focus on HIV/AIDS, social asset building, child protection, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence.
- Experience working with the children’s department, MoE, CSOs and other relevant social protection stakeholders.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with various stakeholders, donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners.
- Dependable and detail oriented.
- Good communication skills, maturity of judgement, self-starter and strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work additional hours to meet deadlines
- High capacity for organization and coordination as well as ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters-level education in Development Studies, Social sciences, medical field, public health or any other related field relevant to the above job description.
- A bachelor’s degree in the above field coupled with more than five years’ experience may be considered
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment filed in Kenya with progressive responsibilities, ideally with PEPFAR funded programs.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in capacity building and staff mentorship
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit your application & CV through email to email@example.com or drop your application letter in HR office indicating the position you are applying for on or before 11th July 2022.
Coptic Hospital is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender equality, and DOES NOT CHARGE for any kind of recruitment. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification