JOB TITLE: ONCOLOGY NURSES
REPORTS TO: Medical Director & Hospital DNS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create individualized care plans for patient under their supervision and care.
- Collaborate with a team of healthcare professionals to share expertise and knowledge.
- Doing cancer research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- To provide support resources to the patient and their significant others to promote positive outlook.
- To teach patients and their significant others regarding treatment expectations.
- To observe and record the patients progress on a constant basis.
- To chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- To assist oncology doctors to run oncology clinics
- To administer prescribed chemotherapy medicines to patients as per patient’s prescription and protocol.
- Follow up on NHIF approvals for patients on chemotherapy.
- Guiding and Counselling patients on side effects of chemotherapy.
- Recognizing and treating cancer related issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Medical Director and the DNS.
- Diploma of an accredited School of Nursing KRN/KRM/KRCHN/BSN
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience two (2) of which must be after post-basic qualification.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS certified.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, communication, administrative and customer care skills.
- Updated Nursing Council License
- Diploma in oncology nursing is an added advantage
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit your application & CV through email to email@example.com or drop your application letter in HR office before 28th
Coptic Hospital is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender equality, and DOES NOT CHARGE for any kind of recruitment. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply.