She/he is responsible for maintaining and keeping the operating room ready for surgeries. Assists in bringing the patients to the operating room and handles the surgical instruments and equipment’s before and after surgery as per accepted standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleanse and disinfect surgical instruments and or equipment after surgeries.
- Prepare surgical instruments and equipments for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol
- Might also be required to prepare the area of the patient’s body that’s being operated on by cleaning or shaving the area maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly.
- Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional.
- Order and maintain necessary supplies in the operating room.
- Prepares the patients before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery
- Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure / surgery.
- Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
- Attends to the needs of the patients while inside the operating room .
- Assist surgeon during the procedure; under the direction of a surgeon, passes instruments that are used during an operation.
- Assist nursing staff in keeping patient safe during the procedure by assisting RN with the application or restraints and following the recommended protocol.
- He/she might be required to cut sutures, control breathing equipment, and sterilize and restock the operating room after surgery.
- Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures by deliver specimens to the laboratory dispose of waste that’s removed during an operation.
- Provides assistance to the surgical team and coordinates very closely with the doctors, nurses and laboratory staff.
- Clean and disinfect operating room area after each procedure / surgeries.
- Reports any defective equipment and instrument for repair or replacement.
- Assist other staff in discharging patient as needed.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the anesthetist in charge of theatre.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/Certificate in Theatre Technology
- Theatre technology experience in a busy theatre is an added advantage
Please drop your CV at the H. R Office, Coptic Hospital or Send application to email@example.com