Duties and responsibilities
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plan
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education.
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team.
- Takes and monitors patients’ vital signs.
- Ensures that safety checks are performed
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Prepare operating room for patient/procedure.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology well-being throughout the care continuum.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- The candidate should be in possession of a Diploma in Nursing
- Theatre nursing experience for at least two years in a busy theatre
- Registration from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid Practice licence
- A higher diploma in perioperative nursing is an added advantage
Please drop your CV at the H. R Office, Coptic Hospital or Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org