Duties & responsibilities
- Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
- Keep current systems updated and running smoothly.
- Upgrading systems and components when the need arises.
- Analyse users’ needs and plan and implement systems tailored to those needs.
- Perform regular tests on systems to ensure all components are running well, or escalating problems.
- Plans network installations by studying Organization orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
- Documents network by labelling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, updating documentation.
- Maintains user rapport by listening to and resolving concerns, answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt.
- Great Knowledge of working with both legacy telephony system Analog/Digital PBX and VOIP
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education and Qualifications
- Telecommunication related course
- At least TWO years’ experience in various telecommunication systems, TCP/IP networking and practices supported by recommendation letters and minimum three  referees
- Advanced Data/Telephone Cabling infrastructure diagnostic skills
- Strong computer skills, especially word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Has customer care skills and is a team player
- Can communicate in English and Kiswahili, documentation skills, Audio-visual maintenance
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as , standing, bending, lifting and can work effectively under minimum supervision
- If you meet the minimum requirements, submit your application & CV through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application letter in HR office indicating the position you are applying on or before 30th May 2018.
- Coptic Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equality and does not charge for any kind of recruitment. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.