To provide and maintain high professional standards of nursing care, meeting patients’ needs in all aspects, and promoting job satisfaction for the nursing team.
To manage the shift as necessary, ensuring a suitable environment for working and learning, and be able to make clinical decisions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To utilise the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
- To be a role model of the nursing profession and exercise professionalism at all times, while providing guidance, mentorship to staff and trainees, ensuring all patients are treated with dignity, privacy, respect and are encouraged to be involved in their care.
- To effectively communicate with other professionals/patients and their significant others including staff of other departments in order to advocate for the patients effectively.
- To utilise infection control measurers, to provide a safe and suitable environment for patients/staff and others.
- To uphold statutory regulations as required by the nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
- To safeguard all confidential information concerning the patients and their treatment, their property at all times.
- Investigate patients’ complaints and incidents promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure, and report within the same shift.
- To be knowledgeable of the equipment in the ward/department and to safeguard them from damage, wastage or loss.
- To maintain and regularly update own professional knowledge and competence through education, research findings and self motivated learning.
- To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping, and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- To utilise available resources, effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, and cost-containment.
- To promote good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma of an accredited School of Nursing KRN/KRM/KRCHN/BSN
- Minimum of (5) five years’ experience in clinical nursing.
- Registration from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Please drop your CV at the H. R Office, Coptic Hospital or Send application to email@example.com